Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Knit From Your Stash Update

I was in my LYS the other day, feeding the need by buying gadgets and magazines, and ok, two balls of Noro Silk Garden to make some hand warmers for a poor lady in a wheelchair at church, who's hands are always cold. I didn't have a thing in my stash that would work, so it DOES NOT count as falling off the wagon. Would you believe it? Word of Knit From Your Stash has even gotten around to the yarn store owner. Poor Mary Jane of Sympatico Yarns in Bedford, Texas is not happy! Of course, I did manage to spend $150 on stuff anyway.
So, if you are anywhere near Bedford, and are not participating in KFYS, please, please, please help poor MJ out. Go in and buy lots of yarn!

1 comment:

Judi said...

I live in the south, but I too have times when I got to my LYS just itching to buy knitting books or magazines, or a new needle case, or just anything. The owner has several half-price bins and I eagerly paw though them. Then she shows me some Noro and a pattern, and I leave with a lighter purse and heavier heart.