Friday, March 9, 2007

The Flu Stops Here

Today, I have a rant. Nothing to do with knitting.I HAVE THE FLU AND I AM ANGRY! I am angry at all the people who get the flu, and still keep running around, doing what they usually do, going to work, going to church, GOING TO CHOIR(!!!), sharing their germs.(Yes, I got a shot, but this particular virus seems to have not been covered. Ooops. Can I get a refund.)I don't know what it is with these people. They feel like crap. They are running a fever. Why don't they take care of themselves and stay home. The world will run without them.Ok, I can understand the organist, and the two clergymen at our church who HAD to come in sick last week because there was a funeral, but I don't have that virus anyway. That one doesn't come with a racking cough.Do these people do it out of a sense of nobility? "Oh, I am so sick, but I must go on. No one can do my job as well as I.", or "What will the alto section do if I am not there? They depend on me."Or do they do it for the attention? "See how sick I am? Please make a fuss over me. Tell me I should be home in bed. Notice me.", they think.
The ones that really get me are the ones that came into rehearsal for a musical ensemble I sing with to TELL us they were sick, and that they couldn't sing, and they were going home to bed. Cough Cough THANKS FOR SHARING.
As I say in my title, "The Flu Stops Here". As soon as I could tell I was coming down with it,(and yes, I know, I was infectious before I knew, but, hey, I can't do anything about that.) I settled myself in at home. I called and cancelled out on a baby shower I was supposed to attend. That was a no brainer. I gave notice to both music ensembles that I would see them next week. My church choir director postponed my scheduled solo to the following week. I told my cleaning lady not to come, although she can't resist dropping off dinner for tonight. You are an angel, Argentina!!!! I promise not to breathe on you when I answer the door!
Now, to make this post about knitting, I am spending most of my time in bed knitting easy. Right now, I am doing the Smiley Scarf from "One-Skein Wonders". (Ok Someone tell me how to link that to Amazon.com, please.)Except, I can't get the stitch count to come out right in the end, and I am all upset about it. I don't think it really matters, but I have OCD, and it bugs me.I can't find an errata online either. I emailed the publisher, Storey Publishing. Let's see how long it takes them to answer me. If they don't I will try the designer, Elizabeth Prusiewizc at Knit-Knot Studio in Portland, Or. She has a website: http://www.knitknotstudio.com/. It looks like a nice store.Oh, I just threadjacked my own post. Who cares. I'm sick. Blame it on delirium. I can always delete the whole thing when I regain my sanity later.

3 comments:

Knitcrazy said...

Amen to That..
I am always saying the same thing..
Why don't these people Stay HOME !!!!!!!

Hope you are better real soon...

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

NH Knitting Mama said...

Well, I'm late to find your new blog, but I'm hoping you're feeling better now.

Judi said...

What I can't stand are people who broadcast every detail of their illness! I want to tell them that I really don't care how they felt the morning after taking a "cocktail" of cold and flu medications -- although I will say that I'm surprised they woke up at all after mixing medications like that. I've had co-workers hang over my cube and tell me they've got a stomach virus and are going home (with all the gory details included). Then I have to stop working and spray Lysol, plus wipe down everything they touched.